Executive Women’s Voice – a 2 day workshop
Why do it?
Although in recent years we have seen an explosion of women’s equality and a shift towards a gender balance, there are still many cultural and historic barriers in both the workplace and society in general that women come up against when speaking in public. These speaking events may be a formal presentation, pitching to new customers or simply taking part in a meeting.
Once we understand these issues, and the different approaches that we can take, we can start addressing the question:
“Why are women typically less comfortable and confident in public speaking and how do I get myself heard?”
- Build your professional credibility
- Represent yourself well in public forums
- Advance your presentation skills to the next level
What we do – content and programme
The 2-day programme starts and ends with a presentation from all participants to show just how much can be achieved in a short space of time. In between we will look at:
- The historical and cultural context and barriers that women face when speaking.
- Women’s speaking skills
- Voice – vocal style and avoiding pitfalls for women
- Language – choosing assertive language
- Body Language – projecting status non verbally
- Personality – how your personality shapes your speaking impact
- Meetings – Being heard, handling interruptions and chairing
- Developing a standard process to speed up preparation of speeches
- Handling anxiety around speaking
- The use of stories, props, metaphors to create impact
Online coaching will also be available as a follow up.
How we do it – the methodology
- These workshops are designed to be delivered in small groups of women, who hold senior / executive positions in their companies. They can either be delivered as part of a leadership and development programme, or as a standalone session.
- Typically they are delivered as a 2 day fully interactive workshop, which would be Face to Face, or a series of 4 x 2 hour sessions which would be delivered remotely.
- All groups are kept small (a maximum of 6 women in each group), allowing for maximum interaction with the programme coach and to receive targeted sessions
How will participants benefit?
- They will build your professional credibility
- They will understand how to alleviate some of the challenges that women face when speaking up.
- They will be able to convey their message with greater authority and confidence, which in turn will enhance their presence and status.
- Their mindset will improve as they learn how to manage self-belief and Imposter Syndrome
- They will attract attention for all the right reasons!
Why choose Archimedes?
- Our coaching is developed from a deep business background, our coaches are a mix of experienced, practical, business people, broadcast journalists and voice coaches.
- We understand the issues that women often face in getting heard and overcoming these challenges.
- It’s about more than drama and vocal techniques, although we cover these aspects too.
- We know how to present and influence in a corporate context and how to enable you to get your message heard.
- We work to understand you and your context.
- It’s about developing YOUR style and not imposing a “1 size fits all” approach.
Costs for the 2 day workshop are £1500+VAT per head.